Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: conductor sizing?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member doctordkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello everyone
    Just asking a question as to the size of conductor for stove hook up?
    as according to the 1998 CE code hand book
    page 620
    the illustration figure 26-742-2
    suggests that a 3500 watt 240 volt oven with in 7.5 meters needs a feed cable of #14 gauge wire and a 4800watt 240 volt conter top range needs a # 12 gauge wire,both the 14.6 amp for the oven and the 20 amp load for the conter top range is sized OK for the current according to table 2, but I am wondering about 80 % loading and if this is just one particular exception,then OK. but I am interested to find out where else I would be able to load circuits to 100 %?
    Also I understand that 100 % loading is permitted as long as disconnects and moulded circuit breakers are labled as contineous loads

  2. #2
    Inactive Member wirepuller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by doctordkelly:
    Hello everyone
    I am wondering about 80 % loading and if this is just one particular exception,then OK. but I am interested to find out where else I would be able to load circuits to 100 %?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Section 62

  3. #3
    Inactive Member doctordkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2004
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Wirepller
    I had asked my dad,he directed me here .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •